Today marks exactly five years of marriage to the most amazing man I know! On July 10th, 2004, I got to marry my best friend, my hero, and the greatest leader I could have asked for. In honor of the past five years, here is a list of 100 Things I Love About Brad Thompson:
1. 1. 1. He fixes our car problems by himself, saving us hundreds.
2. He doesn’t mind changing dirty diapers.
3. His hazel green eyes.
4. The way he teaches our kids about nature.
5. His willingness to lay in bed and listen to me talk at night.
6. How he often sends me text messages of his love for me.
7. His bravery at trying new things.
8. His love for Chinese food.
9. The way he holds my hand.
10. He can’t get enough of snuggling with our kids.
11. His crazy desire for a lot…and I mean a lot…of kids.
12. He insists I never mow the grass.
13. He loves home improvement.
14. How much he’s grown in communication since we met.
15. His deep and irrational love for people.
16. His commitment to the Lord, especially when things are tough.
17. He quit his job when the future was totally unknown.
18. He excels at his job.
19. His obsession with music.
20. He doesn’t mind driving the whole time on road trips.
21. The random bouquets of flowers “just because”
22. He protects me when our kids show any disrespect.
23. How he trusts me with spending money.
24. His brilliant ideas.
25. He has our “month-iversary” set on his calendar every month.
26. His huge dreams for our future.
27. He plays “tiger” every night with our kids after dinner.
28. He spills coffee on himself EVERY time he drinks it.
29. He talks in his sleep.
30. How he’s willing to take advice from my dad.
31. His wisdom in purchasing cars.
32. His ability to forgive people who don’t deserve to be forgiven.
33. He eats ice cream with a plastic spoon.
34. How he holds me when I cry.
35. The way he puts his hand on my knee when he drives.
36. His laugh. OH, he has the best laugh!
37. His commitment to me when I don’t deserve it.
38. His relationship with his mom – he really loves her.
39. His addiction to candy.
40. He sings really loud when he worships.
41. He drives a really old car so I can have a great minivan.
42. He pays our bills on time.
43. *password protected*
44. His favorite shows – Brothers & Sisters and 30Rock.
45. He takes amazing pictures of our kids.
46. He dances when listening to rock music in the car.
47. He rarely complains about being sick.
48. He always gets frozen vanilla yogurt.
49. He’s a really good friend.
50. He’s always looking for an opportunity to serve.
51. He likes to watch The Bachelorette.
52. He is an undercover ninja.
53. He wants to collect VW Beetles when he gets old.
54. He loves starting new things…AND,
55. He is so good at finishing the things he starts.
56. He has all necessary characteristics for being a dad:
57. His tender but firm love for our kids.
58. He disciplines when it’s not convenient or easy.
59. He’s willing to wear princess crowns when playing with Zoë.
60. And gets on all fours when teaching Colby how to push cars.
61. He makes Zoë scrambled eggs for breakfast.
62. He snuggles with Zoë before she gets out of bed.
63. He frequently verbally affirms Colby!
64. He knows a LOT about the Bible but always wants to know more.
65. He would give me anything I ask for.
66. He’s not given up on ministry.
67. *password protected*
68. He finishes my food at restaurants.
69. He doesn’t mind being wrong about stuff. ;-)
70. He picked out the engagement ring of my dreams.
71. He drinks boxed wine…in a plastic tumbler…with ice…and a straw.
72. His long-term plan involves living on the coast.
73. He insists on me pursuing my dreams.
74. He has super hot athletic legs.
75. He lets me have a mommy’s night out anytime I need it.
76. He takes the trash out every week.
77. His nickname is B-Rad Shizzle.
78. He has a burden for the sex-slaves around the world.
79. He believes in the impossible and hopes for it.
80. He eats anything I put in front of him. And I mean anything.
81. He’s obsessed with vacuuming & bought an Oreck to prove it.
82. He has never yelled at me or our kids.
83. He is really good at back rubs.
84. He’s willing to take risks with our lives.
85. He was so serene during our at-home childbirths.
86. He asks good questions when I’m processing something.
87. He has never had to replace his wedding band.
88. He grooms his fingernails (no buffing) on the front porch. Ha.
89. I love him because we’ll both be in the same place for eternity.
90. He likes supporting independent movies & musicians.
91. He’s been a better friend to me than I could imagine in a husband.
92. He likes Macs instead of PCs.
93. I think he’s going to look cute with grey hair.
94. He’s really good at picking out baby names for our kids.
95. He is super skilled at making posters & other advertisements.
96. He reads the Drudge Report instead of CNN.com
97. He would prefer a salad over a bacon cheeseburger.
98. *password protected*
99. He’s usually the first one to apologize and ask for forgiveness.
100. And the thing I love most about him: he loves me extravagantly.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! What a great list!
Only read some of them, but Heather--nice job there. Brad, I always thought you had nice eyes too. Ha.
Happy anniversary guys!
Post a Comment